• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Unable to use SSL unless I expose my IP?

f0rtem

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04 (64 Bit)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition 18.0.56 Update #2
Hello,

So I've installed SSL without any problems on my main domain, but when it comes to subdomains, I am having issues.

My site is proxied with Cloudflare. When I am trying to issue Let's Encrypt SSL to my subdomain, I get error
Could not issue an SSL/TLS certificate for lt.website.com
Details
Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for lt.website.com
The lt.website.com DNS zone contains an AAAA record, but the domain is not assigned an IPv6 address in Plesk.
To resolve the issue, either assign an IPv6 address to lt.website.com
("Websites & Domains" > "Web Hosting Access") or remove the AAAA record from the lt.website.com DNS zone.

If I delete A record for the subdomain on Cloudflare, then I get an error that the domain is unresolvable.

I am certain that the moment I remove a proxy from A dns record, the SSL will be issued, but that would expose my IP address.

Hosting Settings and Web Hosting Access > IP addresses > IP address > Is set to the host IP address.

Has anyone faced this issue and can share information on how to resolve it without unproxy-ing the IP address?

If your server is configured with a IPv6 address the easiest solution would be to just assign a IPv6 to your (sub) domain. That way a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate can be issued. An alternative would be to install the Cloudflare SSL certificate on the sub domain. That way your no longer depended on Let's Encrypt certificates.

Back