• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Uninstalling custom installed PHP handler in Debian 12

hotdog

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
I installed PHP 7.3. according to the below linked guide, I replaced all the "7.2" with "7.3", but otherwise followed the guide to the point. I use Debian 12.

Now I upgraded my application to PHP 8, so I can uninstall PHP 7.3.

Are the below SSH steps correct, if I want to remove everything PHP 7.3. related (I don't have any other custom PHP handlers installed)?
  1. plesk bin php_handler --remove -id php73-fpm-custom
  2. apt remove -y php7.3-{bcmath,bz2,cli,common,curl,dev,fpm,gd,gmp,imagick,imap,intl,json,mbstring,mysql,opcache,soap,ssh2,xml,xmlrpc,zip}
  3. apt remove -y php7.3
  4. rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/php_custom.list
  5. rm /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/php.gpg

Are there any remnant config or log files I can get rid of as well?

Thanks much!

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --list
will show you a list of handlers available in Plesk, if it aint there it cant be used.

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --list
will show you a list of handlers available in Plesk, if it aint there it cant be used.
I fail to understand how your response relates to my question at all? I'm capable of removing the handler as I described in my post, and that was my intention, but I also want to remove any remnants of PHP 7.3, and I was asking if the commands I showed are enough to do that, or if there will still be some config files or packages leftover that I can further remove.

Would love to get some advice on my question in the first post.

I'm also worried about this:
Recently, there was an issue about restoring the extra packages to the original state because the repository comes with extra libraries that stop getting the updates when the deb.sury.org repository is removed from /etc/apt/sources.list.d.
Source: How to downgrade to stock packages

Do I need to try and follow that guide to make it so that the packages return to the original state?

Back