• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unreliable migration

AdrianC

Basic Pleskian
I am trying to migrate from one Plesk 12.5.30 to another same version, it fails with this sample error log:

Code:
- Subscription 'mysite.com'
|  | 
|  `- error: Failed to create subscription 'mysite.com' in target panel
|     Migration for that subscription is considered completely failed. No further actions are performed for it.
|     Migration tools tried to perform operation in 2 attempts.
|     ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|     Attempt #1 failed with the following error:
|     Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
|     command: /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription --create mysite.com -hosting true -hst_type phys -login adobeflash -passwd '***hidden***' -ip 5.9.x.x -mail-service-ip 5.9.x.x -do-not-apply-skeleton -notify false
|     exit code: 255
|     stdout: SUCCESS: Creation of domain 'mysite.com' completed.
|   
|     stderr: [2016-05-09 18:30:56] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginx_control' '--reload'] with exit code [255]
|     PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Service_Driver_Exception' with message 'Can not reload proxy server: ' in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Web/Proxy/Nginx.php:121
|     Stack trace:
|     #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php(87): Service_Driver_Web_Proxy_Nginx->restart(false)
|     #1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Configuration/Applier.php(209): Template_Writer_Webserver_Abstract->restart(false)
|     #2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Template/Configuration/Applier.php(109): Template_Configuration_Applier->_applyConfigurationsToServiceNode(1, Array)
|     #3 [internal function]: Template_Configuration_Applier->applyConfiguration()
|       thrown in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Web/Proxy/Nginx.php on line 121
|   
|     ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|     Attempt #2 failed with the following error:
|     Subscription already exists on target server: most probably it was created at the previous attempt,
|     but migration tools are not sure if it was created correctly.
|     It is recommended to:
|     1) Resolve the original issue that caused subscription creation to fail,
|     delete subscription, and then run migration again.
|     OR
|     2) Ensure that created subscription is fine, or the original issue is minor,
|     then simply run migration for that subscription again.
|

What is this thing ? I need to migrate 30 websites containing 18 databases, users, passwords, emails, etc.
What am I supposed to do now ?

This migration thing is very unreliable. 30 websites are offline and I am losing money while I am looking at an error log that was not supposed to be my problem.

I was able to move on from there but I cannot tell what fixed it.

I restarted the importing of two subscriptions that already failed but appeared (mostly blank) in my destination server, I started again, replaced them and it completed OK, then the next subscriptions transfer also completed, even deleting the initial problematic ones and importing them again worked OK.

Something else I changed was: I added the main subscription/domain , similar to s1.mysite.com , some domains had DNS records related to this "main" host name/subscription/domain.

Back