• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Update Mariadb 10.1.48 at Ubuntu 18.04 - Plesk 18.0.40

stefan-franz

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
as a linux newbie, i would ask here for some help to update my database according on this tutorial.

My system ist a virtual server at Strato. running is only 1 nextcloud on it.

Nextcloud shows me the following:
MariaDB version "10.1.48-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.18.04.1" is used.
Plesk 18.0.40 is running - all updates are made
I have an working Image from the strato backup system - so in worst case, i can recover my server.

Some questions:
What MariaDB version is recommend to use for the update? Has anyone here running a system where a updated mariadb workes?

Database basic questions
At the moment i save my database from time time under plesk, databases export. Is that enough to save my database (and is it possible to recover it if needed) or do i have that do as in the manual described with ssh under linux?

Create a backup of all databases with the following command:
MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysqldump -u admin --verbose --all-databases --routines --triggers > /tmp/all-databases.sql

If i know the things above, i can go on.

You can update directly from 10.1 to 10.5. Follow the guide strictly. Do not leave any step out.
Do NOT upgrade to 10.6! The highest Plesk-supported version is 10.5.

A full database dump can be done either through phpMyAdmin, export database function or on the command line. However, I recommend to use the Plesk built-in backup functionality to create backups automatically on a daily basis. You could for example create weekly full backups, daily increments and retain them for four weeks.

You can update directly from 10.1 to 10.5. Follow the guide strictly. Do not leave any step out.
Do NOT upgrade to 10.6! The highest Plesk-supported version is 10.5.
At Step 3 in the manual about the update:

Do i have to enter the lines from the mariadb website as commands one after the other (screenshot) or do i have to use the command lines from the manual - only instead of 10.2 to type 10.5?

And what means that note - what exactly do i have to do here? (and do i have this after - or before the commands to Install the repository?
Check the file "/etc/apt/sources.list" and the files inside directory "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/" and disable (comment with # at the beginning of the line) all MySQL repositories (e.g. MySQL 8 repository) to avoid installation of wrong MySQL versions by mistake.

If i get here the step by step commands to be able to make the step 3 it would be very helpful - because without that, i have fear to make errors.....
A full database dump can be done either through phpMyAdmin, export database function or on the command line. However, I recommend to use the Plesk built-in backup functionality to create backups automatically on a daily basis. You could for example create weekly full backups, daily increments and retain them for four weeks.
Ho can i configure plesk, to make that backups (only the database from my nextcloud should be safed weekly)?

Attachments

• Mariadb 10.5.jpg
    Mariadb 10.5.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 11
In the update manual stands that:

Warning: Check the file "/etc/apt/sources.list" and the files inside directory "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/" and disable (comment with # at the beginning of the line) all MySQL repositories (e.g. MySQL 8 repository) to avoid installation of wrong MySQL versions by mistake.

How can i view the files? I understand, in every line to put a # and only the line in which stands Mariadb 10.5 there should no #. The commands after # in a line are not executed
What are the correct linux commands, to
- view the files?
- after editing - save the files?
I think a editor opens and i can navigate through the files with the arrow keys and edit it like a notepad - if not - i'm looking foward your tipps - i'm a newbie at linux.

Back