• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Urgent Request Regarding Discontinuation of Plesk WebAdmin SE (On Vultr)

UHF

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Dear Plesk Team,

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction and shock with the recent announcement regarding the discontinuation of Plesk WebAdmin SE by September 1st, 2024.

The proposed transition options are unacceptable. Converting from the free Plesk WebAdmin SE plan, which allows 3 domains, to either the Web Pro license at $21.42 per month (for 30 domains) or the Web Host Edition at $37.13 per month (for unlimited domains) is absurd.

As a small business owner, I do not require 30 domains. I am not operating a web hosting business; I need only 1-5 domains. Forcing users like myself into such a drastic and unnecessary upgrade is unreasonable and financially burdensome.

Furthermore, you offer a Web Admin Edition for 10 domains at $14.13 per month. I should be able to utilize this license given my modest requirements. It is clear there are many customers in the same position as I am. Why can't I use Web Admin Edition?

I am not asking for a free plan. I am willing to pay for a Plesk license. However, it is imperative that you provide a basic plan for users like myself who require only 1-5 domains. Web Basic Edition that cost $5 per month?

This situation demands immediate attention and resolution. Your current transition plan is both impractical and exploitative. I expect Plesk to introduce a suitable licensing option for small-scale users immediately.

I hope more users would reply to this thread.

Thank you.

plesk is not for small-scale users if you want to use plesk you have to pay the smallest license.

i like plesk and its a small price to pay for a fully working rather complex control panel.

@UFH I find your contribution inappropriate. You are only interested in getting a better deal for your business. And you believe that you can determine that the provider adapts to you. If you're talking about exploitation, then you should also talk about the exploitation you've done for a long time by using top software for free without giving a thought to making a donation to those who developed it for you, for example. It is absolutely correct that Plesk no longer offers free licenses. Previously, these were financed by the users who had paid licenses. For a long time, you ran your business at the expense of those users. Now you can participate in bearing your share of the costs. That is fair. That is right. And it is long overdue.

Dear Plesk Team,

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction and shock with the recent announcement regarding the discontinuation of Plesk WebAdmin SE by September 1st, 2024.

The proposed transition options are unacceptable. Converting from the free Plesk WebAdmin SE plan, which allows 3 domains, to either the Web Pro license at $21.42 per month (for 30 domains) or the Web Host Edition at $37.13 per month (for unlimited domains) is absurd.

As a small business owner, I do not require 30 domains. I am not operating a web hosting business; I need only 1-5 domains. Forcing users like myself into such a drastic and unnecessary upgrade is unreasonable and financially burdensome.

Furthermore, you offer a Web Admin Edition for 10 domains at $14.13 per month. I should be able to utilize this license given my modest requirements. It is clear there are many customers in the same position as I am. Why can't I use Web Admin Edition?

I am not asking for a free plan. I am willing to pay for a Plesk license. However, it is imperative that you provide a basic plan for users like myself who require only 1-5 domains. Web Basic Edition that cost $5 per month?

This situation demands immediate attention and resolution. Your current transition plan is both impractical and exploitative. I expect Plesk to introduce a suitable licensing option for small-scale users immediately.

I hope more users would reply to this thread.

Thank you.
Yes! I'm in the same boat, I would love the $5 per month or similar rate. Alternatively, Plesk could just let us keep this free version with no updates.
As you said, its silly to pay the rates they want just for us smaller users.

I've been looking around at free open source alternatives. I would prefer a $5 version but if they are not listening to us then I guess we don't have much choice.

Back