• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Using old php versions in the latest version of Plesk (5.4,5.6 and etc.)

idadash

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Rocky Linux 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
I'm using the latest version of Plesk. One of my websites still uses PHP 5.4. Some other server management tools offer updated older versions of PHP to not inconvenience their users. However, I haven't been able to do this with Plesk. I browsed the forum and read in some similar topics that it's not possible to install old PHP versions through the interface and they must be installed manually. I tried a manual installation, but when I choose this version from the interface, my site starts receiving a 500 error. I followed the steps exactly, but still couldn't resolve this error. I'm asking for your help with this. I understand that this is related to security, but by choosing to use this, I'm already accepting the risk.
My OS: Rocky Linux 8

I'm using the latest version of Plesk. One of my websites still uses PHP 5.4. Some other server management tools offer updated older versions of PHP to not inconvenience their users. However, I haven't been able to do this with Plesk. I browsed the forum and read in some similar topics that it's not possible to install old PHP versions through the interface and they must be installed manually. I tried a manual installation, but when I choose this version from the interface, my site starts receiving a 500 error. I followed the steps exactly, but still couldn't resolve this error. I'm asking for your help with this. I understand that this is related to security, but by choosing to use this, I'm already accepting the risk.
My OS: Rocky Linux 8

I have the same problem, if you can solve it, I would appreciate the solution. I have followed all the steps but when I open any php file in the installed version I get error 500.

Back