• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Warning with backups

Lightcross

New Pleskian
Hello,

i receive following warning after backup creation:
Not all the data was backed up into /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/clientname/domains/domainname successfully. Total space: 196.74 GB; Available space: 175.74 GB; Mounted on: /. For security reasons, backing up is performed on behalf of subscription's system user.
This system user has no read access to: /var/www/vhosts/subscriptionname/domainname/logs/access_ssl_log.webstat So it was not backed up. All other data was backed up successfully.
To fix this issue you may run the command "plesk repair fs" or grant access read/write manually to the file or directory for system user "ftpusername" or "apache".

I think there are two issues in one message.
First I don't know why the backup is bigger than my entire disk. The backup should be stored on a remote-disk over ftp. The dumps folder should only be used temporarily I think.
Second there are permission issues going on.

The Plesk Repair Tool shows problems with permissions but don't resolve them. I need to resolve those issues manually or contact the support.

I hope you can help me with this problem. Thank you in advance.

What are the rights of the file /var/www/vhosts/subscriptionname/domainname/logs/access_ssl_log.webstat ?
just do a 'ls -l /var/www/vhosts/subscriptionname/domainname/logs/access_ssl_log.webstat'

The user on which de backup is made has no rights to read the file
For security reasons, backing up is performed on behalf of subscription's system user.

You must give that user read access. You can achieve that to do this:
chmod o+r /var/www/vhosts/subscriptionname/domainname/logs/access_ssl_log.webstat

Thank you. I deleted this folder. Seems to be an old folder and not for actual statistics. Last modification was last year.
Not all the data was backed up into /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/clientname/domains/domainname successfully. Total space: 196.74 GB; Available space: 175.74 GB; Mounted on: /.
This part made me more uncomfortable. I will investigate the backup routines. Hopefully this errors are now gone.

Yes I understand you. That is a strange error.
How is your disk size when you execute:
df -h

As I can see this is nothing to worry about.
I got the same message as you:
Total space: 2046.00 GB; Available space: 1399.00 GB; Mounted on: /mnt/bigstorage.

I have a disk of 2.0T. And 1.4T is available. So that is a good message. :)

Back