• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question web applications requiring custom envoiriments

hardbrasil

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Alma linux 8.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
More and more applications are requesting a dedicated environment with apache/ningx and database to
running their applications customizing database parameters and services that make it impossible to install in a "shared hosting" environment or a domain instance within a control panel like Plesk and others.

I will give some examples:

- Mautic (application) that should definitely go for an installation via composer and needs an environment with dedicated DB and webserver services. In this case there is an installable version (like wordpress) and there is the Composer version, and according to the community, this installable version (like wordpress) will be discontinued, including some features of the application no longer run this version.

- BookStack - is another application that does not install on Plesk, it needs an environment where it can edit and install its services.

Looking at the available resources, and before anything else, I want to make it clear that there is a factor of lack of knowledge on our part in Node.js. but by way of example, we (me and + 2 programmers) could not make an application in Node run in Plesk. We tried in more than one VPS.

Today, I tried several ways to make docker work and in two vps, the same answer
"Warning: Local Docker node is missing. Refer to this KB article to resolve this issue.

the KB article, gives 404, looking at other experts on google, we even went further, but still did not run.
In the "Install and remove components" the Docker is not there anymore, we tried via ssh, and nothing.

My feeling is that this is already an application that is present to us in Plesk and it seems fragile and immature (integration), see the number of failures without solution.

My consideration is that Parallels has an eye on this trend of web applications requiring more and more the need to have their own services environment (web/banking). How do you envision being able to meet this trend?

BookStack is a Laravel app that you can install using the Larvel Toolkit. I just gave it a try and got it installed.

Installatron.com, which works perfectly fine with Plesk, has a package for Mautic:

Btw: if a KB article returns a 404, try to search it on web.archive.org. Big chance it's still available.

Hi Plesk, sorry i insist in this topic.

i had tried Composer extension, with mautic installation and o got so many errors...
other thing the "button folder change" to find the composer file, simple does't work

Docker, is another one, i already re-install and still unacessible (bug). I tried with another vps, same error...

all these two features are far from production ready.

Docker and Composer have been working flawlessly on Plesk for quiet some time now.
I would suggest you report your errors to Plesk Support to get to the bottom of why they are not working for you.

Back