• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Website Directory Structure and DNS

Astaldo

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.6 (Sky Tiger)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.43 Lust update 19/05/2022 10:35
Hello!
We are going to use Plesk for our web-hosting. Now we have a trial license before we move from other hosting panel. And we've faced with some issues:

1) How can we override the default website directory structure ? Plesk creates "/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs" for the first user's domain and "/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/domain2.com" for the second and so on. Can we make Plesk create like this:
"/var/www/Username/www/domain.com"
"/var/www/Username/www/domain2.com"

2) With BIND 9.9.x, the slave zone files are now saved in a default raw binary format. Is it possible to modify out of the box "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/slave-dns-manager/library/Rndc.php"
LINE: 44 "public function addZone"
add "masterfile-format text;" in order to create slave zones in readable txt-format ?

3) Why we cannot create and manage domains (DNS) without creating www-domain before ? Can we make exist them separately ? In our current hosting panel we can create domain (DNS) independently from www-domains.

1) Ok, we can change default path in /etc/psa/psa.conf. But can we change the Plesk default behavior with creating "/var/www/Username/" instead of
"/var/www/domain.com/" ? We want the main path in docroot started with "Username" instead of "Domain-name".
2) We understand this. Plesk team able to make that changes in release out of the box, so our changes won't be overwritten ?
3) Well, that KB article is not, what I mean. I talked about creating domain (in DNS-mean), not about www-domain itself. When user creates new www-domain, dns-domain creates automatically with it. But what if I don't want to create www-domain, and just want to create only dns-domain ?

You can, of course, try anything you want. But please be ready for many subsequent problems with permissions, conflicts, inconsistences and other unpleasantness. You want to remake the default behaviour and settings of Plesk to suit your needs. We highly discourage doing this, and we can't guarantee that it will work the way you want it to afterwards. Forgive me, but this is reminiscent of Windows users trying to transfer their habits to MacOS. Wouldn't it be better to adjust to the way things are implemented in Plesk and remake your habits and needs to fit it, rather than the other way around?
Believe me, it's the best option.

Back