• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

websrvmng.exe unusable slow

JTRipper

Regular Pleskian
Hi everyone,

After an successful upgrade of Plesk Windows from 7.5.6+ to 7.6.1 I have a serious problem with use of websrvmng.exe.
No matter how I use it - via Plesk Control Panel or from command line.
The process is about 20-30% of CPU and eats a lot of memory (even for normal add domain operation it can take up to 350MB of RAM!).One simple operation takes from 25 to 45 min and completes.
I tried a fresh install of 7.6.1 on the same hardware and tried to add a domain it takes up to 10 seconds to complete and needs up to 8MB of RAM which I think is normal.
Seems I got the same issue as decribed by Bogdan in this thread
Instead of Microsoft DNS (IG0R's setup) I use BIND as the DNS server.

Skeeter: I issued websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all successfully after 6 six hours consuming 1,5GB of RAM (!!).
The whole setup works OK, but websrvmng.exe utility is very SLOOOOW and sometimes fails (timeouts).

I even tried to switch the websrvmng.exe from the fresh install where it's working well (same filesize anyway) but no change.
After that I suspected that it could be some additional component's timeout which I don't use, but with all additionals turned on, it behaves in the same manner(very very slow and plenty of RAM eaten).
My setup: Win2003 2xXeon 3,2G with 2MB cache RAID5 SCSI 2GB RAM (400 small tld's)
The server normally runs at 15-20% of CPU so it's not overloaded.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back