• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Weird - e-mail from server after upgrading to 9.23

I have followed the workaround instruction to the letter, but with the new qmail-queue, I can't send emails anymore... I get an error message from outlook saying the server is returning an error.

The file I got form the zip is:

Code:
152K -r-x--s--x 1 mhandlers-user popuser 146K 2009-11-29 23:44 qmail-queue

The error message when I run it is:

Code:
./qmail-queue: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

And for instance, that quite bad, because I have 554 errors avec that... question: drweb is installed, but no license. SHould I set the permissions for drweb ? or mhandlers ? or qmail ??? It is not clear. Every post has a different layout.

Please could you be more precise in the workaround posts ? it might help avoiding further issues...

So where did this go wrong ??

[root@216-55-183-183 ~]# uname -a
Linux 216-55-183-183.dedicated.abac.net 2.6.26.8-57.fc8 #1 SMP Thu Dec 18 19:19:45 EST 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[root@216-55-183-183 ~]# cp -v /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue qmail-queue.backup
`/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue' -> `qmail-queue.backup'
[root@216-55-183-183 ~]# cp -v qmail-queue /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue
cp: overwrite `/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue'? y
`qmail-queue' -> `/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue'
[root@216-55-183-183 ~]# chown mhandlers-user:popuser /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue
[root@216-55-183-183 ~]# chmod u+rx /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue
[root@216-55-183-183 ~]# chmod g+s /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue
[root@216-55-183-183 ~]# chmod o+x /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue
[root@216-55-183-183 ~]# ls -lah /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue
-r-x--s--x 1 mhandlers-user popuser 146K 2009-11-27 17:18 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue
[root@216-55-183-183 ~]# service qmail restart
Stopping : Starting qmail: [ OK ]

after the workaround, I was unable to fix my qmail server !!!!! all dead. no smtp anymore !
I've tried all I could find on the web !!! Nothing to do !!! Then, I made an unfortunate "apt-get remove psa-qmail" thinking I could try reinstall it, but I was not carefull enough to see it would remove all of plesk !!!!
Anyway, after reinstalling plesk, I then had the issue that smtp was not reachable at all !!! like if it was not started....

I gave up avec 5 hours !!!!! and replaced qmail by postfix. My server is working again, but HELL I'd like to understand what was my damn issue here !!!

It started with the "empty messages" after 9.2.3.

Then, I implented the hotfix proposed as workaround. This didn't work (issue with a missing library (see previous message).

Then I put back the original file but it seemed that instead of calling qmail-queue, qmail-queue.moved was called... but I deleted this file. So I made a new copy.

Then the problem was a 554 error. Message definitely rejected. No way to find why.... I tried to fix permissions, to check if drweb was in fault (it wasn't).... So I tried to remove psa-qmail ....

after psa-qmail was reinstalled, I go error messages saying my smtp server could not be found. and when I tried telneting it from the console, it said connection refused. /etc/xinet/psa_smtp and psa_smtps were empty (0b). I have no idea if this is expected or not.

5 hours lost !!! 5 hours I should have been sleeping ... and now, I will have a pretty hard day :) but at least it works !

If anyone has an idea about this, please let me know ....

I have updated workaround with necessary information about permissions and supported OS. Make sure that you have it before applying this patched file.

I have updated workaround with necessary information about permissions and supported OS. Make sure that you have it before applying this patched file.

Thank you Igor. In your Workarounds, you might want to use

Code:
[ code ] ... [ /code ]

instead of

Code:
[ quote ] ... [ /quote ]

This will avoid having smileys in command line :D

Thank you Igor. In your Workarounds, you might want to use

Code:
[ code ] ... [ /code ]

instead of

Code:
[ quote ] ... [ /quote ]

This will avoid having smileys in command line :D

Thank you! I will :)

Thanks for the info , but how can I stop these blank e-mails from being sent ??
Very sorry for very late reply.

Refer to post before

I think it come from

/var/qmail/alias

You can use command ls -al to list file in that directory.

You will see some file

-rw-r--r-- 1 root qmail 18 Nov 16 23:23 .qmail-anonymous
-rw-r--r-- 1 root qmail 18 Nov 16 23:23 .qmail-drweb-daemon
-rw-r--r-- 1 root qmail 18 Nov 16 23:23 .qmail-mailer-daemon
-rw-r--r-- 1 root qmail 18 Nov 16 23:23 .qmail-mailman
-rw-r--r-- 1 root qmail 18 Nov 16 23:23 .qmail-postmaster
-rw-r--r-- 1 root qmail 18 Nov 16 23:23 .qmail-root

and you can use cat command to see inside the file.

cat .qmail-anonymous

you will see the email inside it file.
and the email in the file is as same as email in admin profile in plesk.
If you change email in you admin profile the file will change too.

I just use text editor like nano or vi open that file and remove my email that appear in the file. (may remove "&" that appear before you email together with your email)

And then save the file it finish.
(may try restart Qmail)

Back