• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question what are the best options to upgrade MySQL DB to latest version.

larryk

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.50 Update #2, last updated on Feb 27, 2023 02:02 AM
so I need/want to upgrade, but
a) I'm sure there is old, PHP custom code that will not work with MySQL DB 10+
b) I really wish there was a way to tell me what code needs to be fixed, ahead of time... not after the fact.

is there a better way to do this than other ways?

better = faster, easier, less hassle, less stress, no client down time?

thanks

Please refer to https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...5-to-5-6-5-7-or-MariaDB-5-5-to-10-x-on-Linux- for upgrade instructions.

As for knowing rather or not PHP code will work with the new database, well, there's no way of knowing without doing or taking the time of reviewing everything that's different between the current version you're on vs the version you want to upgrade to. Generally speaking upgrading the SQL server itself is usually just a drop in but again without actually doing there's no way of knowing.

Best thing I can suggest is make a clone of your server that you can use to upgrade the database on and see what the results are, this way it does not affect production and you have a semi-live test subject since it's a clone of the existing server.

Back