• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

WordPress NextGEN Gallery Plugin <= 0.96 - XSS Vulnerability

Tinpeas

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9 (Midnight Oncilla)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi Guys

This evening WordPress Toolkit is reporting an issue with the WordPress NextGEN Gallery Plugin, I think this is a false positive.

This vulnerability was reported in 2008, the version with the issue is 0.96 and 0.97 fixed it. For reference: WordPress NextGEN Gallery Plugin <= 0.96 - XSS - Patchstack

The NextGEN Gallery Plugin is now on version 3.59.3. I think this issue is because Wordfence updated the date on there page about it today.

I currently have 9 temporarily broken websites due to plugin deactivation, can you advise please?

These reports seem to be getting worse since the Wordfence feed got introduced.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Gary

Back