• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Yet another issue with Plesk

360webfirm

Basic Pleskian
I have gotten this three days in a row. The only way to get my server back is to restart it. Any suggestions?

Server Error
Plesk\Exception\Database
DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 23 Out of resources when opening file '/tmp/#sql_40a_0.MAI' (Errcode: 24 "Too many open files"), query was: DESCRIBE `sessions`

Thanks,

Steve

does this look correct now?

open-files.jpg

I am asking a question and you send me to another thread, why cant you just answer my question?

This is why I stopped using Plesk a few years ago. I just recently came back to plesk to try it out once again and I cant seem to get help.

You send me to others threads, I have read all those threads, and exhausted my search on Google.

I have READ that post above several times. I dont get a few things.

Create a new directory and a new configuration file for MySQL service:

# mkdir -p /lib/systemd/system/mysql.service.d/
# touch /lib/systemd/system/mysql.service.d/limits.conf

Set the number of open files limit for MySQL:

# cat /lib/systemd/system/mysql.service.d/limits.conf

what is this or how do I implement this below? What am I suppose to do with this below? Vi or nano it? Please could you explain to me.
[Service]
LimitNOFILE=8192

Thank you.

If you are not familiar with Linux command line interface and base Linux administration for applying solutions from provided Plesk knowledgebase articles, I can only suggest you hire experienced Linux administrator or contact Plesk Support Team.

Really?

Well thanks for your help. I have run a C Panel server for almost 7 years and I have had little to no issues. Plesk is much faster in my opinion, so I thought I would give it another try.

I have used command line at minimum yes, but have always got by. Researching and learning and always getting great support from C Panel.

All I asked for was just some instructions on what commands to use to edit what I need to edit in order to get Plesk to work without having issues on a brand new server. Was that really too much to ask?

Do Plesk support not read these threads? Do they really not need customers? I dont get it why the reluctance to help new customers or to help anyone.

All I asked for was just some instructions on what commands to use to edit what I need to edit in order to get Plesk to work without having issues on a brand new server. Was that really too much to ask?
Sorry, but this is a very strange question.
It's like asking what kind of car do I get to Malibu Beach - on Rolls Royce or Dodge?

You can use any Linux command line editor you like. It does not matter what editor you will use. This should only be convenient for you. I cannot advise you if I do not know what you prefer to use to apply the changes in the configuration files.

This is what I did below.

For other Operating Systems:

1. Increase open_files_limit in /etc/mysql/my.cnf for both [mysqld] and [mysqld_safe] sections:

[mysqld]
    open_files_limit = 8192

[mysqld_safe]
    open_files_limit = 8192

2. Restart MySQL service:

# service mysqld restart

Or MariaDB:

# service mariadb restart

3. Perform mysqlcheck if necessary.

This is my system
Plesk Onyx
Version 17.8.11 Update #27

I believe I did the wrong system...

do I just add this

[Service]
LimitNOFILE=8192

to this file
/lib/systemd/system/mysql.service.d/limits.conf

and keep wording actually [Service]

8192 is too low. Make sure to set it to a really high number. Further, check your system max files. If your operating system limits the number of maximum files or handles, it does not matter what you enter into the MySQL service configuration, because the system limit will stay lower. For example:

Code:
# vi /etc/sysctl.conf
fs.file-max = 100000

# vi /etc/security/limits.conf
mysql            soft    nofile          100000
mysql            hard    nofile          100000

do I just add those, or just modify them? I mean are those lines already there? I just need to change values?

Hi Peter,

I looked at those files and I do not see any fs.file-max = 100000 or
mysql soft nofile 100000
mysql hard nofile 100000

Do I just add those lines in those files?

In that case add them. After editing the files, make sure to reload the configuration values:
# systemctl --system daemon-reload
# sysctl -p

after saving and reloading, I get fs.file-max = 10000

is there anything else I can do to verify this is fixed?

Back