• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

10.4.4 to 11.0.9 500 error

D

dugjohnson

The initial update from 10.4.4 to 11.0.9 had problems
Installing the package psa-ingo-1.2.6-cos5.build110120606.19.noarch
~empty/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.94299: fork: Cannot allocate memory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.94299: fork: Cannot allocate memory
error: %pre(psa-ingo-1.2.6-cos5.build110120606.19.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 128

and I got a permissions error. I changed all permissions in psa to psaadm:psaadm then found the info on the bootlogger -repair...did that and it says it went fine. Did autoinstaller and it has, supposedly, taken me through MU7.

Starting and stopping psa manually at the root command prompt seems to work and sites seem to be up (thank goodness).
But when I go to enter Plesk using the :8443 port, I get a
500 - Internal Server Error

The only error I see in the installation log is a problem trying to create pmadb when installing phpMyAdmin, and there are warnings about 41 character passwords in MySQL, but it says the installation went OK.

Except it doesn't work.

I need direction at this point, please.

I think you are on a VPS or low memory? Try to reboot and do it again if is dedicated, if is VPS, ask to raise some resources upper.

I AM on a VPS, but not with low memory, unless 4G is considered low.
Checking free -m only half is used, but checking the Virtuozzo Panel, nearly all the processes are used. At this point I've contacted my hosting service and they have put a support call into Parallels, so I have to stay out of the way.

Have you checked failcounters in the output of

# cat /pros/user_beancounters

?

Thanks for your input. At this point I had to get things running again, so restored from backup.
Support at Parallels kept running out of memory, so they couldn't fix it, although the running out of memory was due to the update, somehow.
I will deal with this in the future, but for now, am leaving it at 10.4.4.

Back