• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

11.0.9 messed up updates

EricVis

Basic Pleskian
I noticed that Plesk 11.0.9 has messed up updates notification on the start page.

1) Very often I don't see any MU update while there are some when running console updater

2) At the same time when MU not showing, 11.5.30 is visible as available upgrade

3) I see COMPONENTS UPDATE AVAILABLE: PHP5 support
What does it mean? How this will affect my server?

4) Why this is not being updated? how do we supposed to check what you updates do? sometimes it matters on customized servers?
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/parallels-plesk-panel-11-linux-updates-release-notes.html

Last edited:
1) Very often I don't see any MU update while there are some when running console updater

Updates are checked periodically. Apparently you ran installer before update availability was checked by Panel.

2) At the same time when MU not showing, 11.5.30 is visible as available upgrade

Of course, it was released quite a while ago. At least before last 11.0.9 update.

3) I see COMPONENTS UPDATE AVAILABLE: PHP5 support
What does it mean? How this will affect my server?

This means that you may upgrade PHP :)

4) Why this is not being updated? how do we supposed to check what you updates do? sometimes it matters on customized servers?
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/parallels-plesk-panel-11-linux-updates-release-notes.html

PHP component is mostly composed of your OS vendor packages. Therefore Parallels has no control over when they will be updated in your repositories. This neither should, nor could be noted in release notes.

Nikolay,

sometimes my mu updates not showing for 2 weeks, sometimes I can see them few minutes after they are released

notification note about 11.5.30 upgrade is showing and disappearing randomly, I can see it for few days and then it's gone for few weeks only to show up suddenly again.. random and weird... it should stay there forever IMHO

I already have PHP5.3 on my server and I watch for system related updates periodically myself, not sure why Plesk notifies me about it since it has not control over these types of upgrades anyway? Are you sure this isn't PHP5 support for Plesk itself?

If Plesk has no control over these types of components why it shows them as available update? Kind of pointless and it doesn;t make any sense. I assume when I click CCONTINUE it installs this "PHP5 support" which means it has control over this...

sometimes my mu updates not showing for 2 weeks, sometimes I can see them few minutes after they are released

Dunno...

notification note about 11.5.30 upgrade is showing and disappearing randomly, I can see it for few days and then it's gone for few weeks only to show up suddenly again.. random and weird... it should stay there forever IMHO

This was a bug that was fixed. There are a couple of threads about this here. So nothing is random in what you observed.

I already have PHP5.3 on my server and I watch for system related updates periodically myself, not sure why Plesk notifies me about it since it has not control over these types of upgrades anyway? Are you sure this isn't PHP5 support for Plesk itself?

If Plesk has no control over these types of components why it shows them as available update? Kind of pointless and it doesn;t make any sense. I assume when I click CCONTINUE it installs this "PHP5 support" which means it has control over this...

You've mixed two very different things. Parallels doesn't have control over OS vendor updates. But Plesk may notify you about updates to them and even update system packages for you.

Also there are in fact PHP support packages packaged by Parallels, but they are mostly dependency packages on system ones and it's highly unlikely that they were updated in Plesk 11.0.9. Therefore I'm quite sure you just have system PHP update available.

Back