• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

12.0.18 #35; Plesk's internal PHP was updated to version 5.5.21

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

as stated in download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP12/12.0/release-notes/parallels-plesk-12.0-for-linux-change-log.html , Plesks internal PHP was updated to version 5.5.21

Can someone please shed some light on this.
I thought Plesk doesn't have its own PHP bundle but uses whatever PHP is provided by the underlying OS.

So an 'update' as such doesn't make sense. I doubt it means it would selectively update the OSes PHP.
Or does it mean that Plesk as of now *does* provide its own PHP bundle in addition to the OS provided one. Similar to how in the past Atomics PHP Panda provided additional ones?

Reason for asking for clarification:
CentOS 6.6 latest with latest updates.
Plesk uses by default (service plan settings) the OSes PHP 5.3
Also installed for the clients who prefer it is Atomics PHP Panda with PHP 5.4, 5.5, etc

Will Plesks own/new/? PHP 5.5 now clash with Panda's one?
Will Plesk no longer use the OSes PHP but only its own?

If someone could shed some light on the issue, I would be grateful. Unfortunately I can't test it all out myself at the moment...

Cheers, Tom

Igor, does your answer
" Admin's php was updated but not client's php. In other words our sw-engine package was updated. Do not worry about your version of PHP. "
still hold?

Yes.

Igor, does your answer
" Admin's php was updated but not client's php. In other words our sw-engine package was updated. Do not worry about your version of PHP. "
still hold?

Absolutely.

Back