• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

3 Reasons why .NET will not work in PLESK

K

knocx

1 - Plesk does not have an option to setup the application folder as a NET application
2 - PLESK does not has capabilities to give r/w/x permissions for Machine ASPNET user to application directory
3 - PLESK Does not have capabilities to assign the created applications application pool to the user application pool

You have to configure all these manually to get clients .NET applications work!

I hope they will issue a fix for that

regards
knocx

Hm... about second point - you can setup permissions via Plesk File Manager (in domain options).

I have ASP .NET applications running on my Plesk host without any problems

Hi ;

i do also I have ASP .NET applications running on my Plesk host without any problems.

But the point is admin have to do manual configuraion , client can not configure such things from PLESK, can he?

Originally posted by knocx
Hi ;

i do also I have ASP .NET applications running on my Plesk host without any problems.

But the point is admin have to do manual configuraion , client can not configure such things from PLESK, can he?
Hmm... I and my customers uses Plesk panel only to configure it

Namely where can you initiate this action;

How can you setup the application folder as a NET application ?

can you tell me, i can not find it

Setup "Virtual directories" in Plesk panel for your domain and check permissions and "Create application" option

Well when I setup a virtual dir I only wave these options:

Name:
Path:
Read:
Write :
Script source access :
Directory browsing :
Execute permissions :

where is the "Create application" option???

Originally posted by kalexan
Well when I setup a virtual dir I only wave these options:

Name:
Path:
Read:
Write :
Script source access :
Directory browsing :
Execute permissions :

where is the "Create application" option???
Are you have "ASP.NET" option enabled for this domain?

if you mean at :
(hosting) setup > services > Microsoft ASP.NET support
yes...

This still ignores the fact that this "solution" only creates virtual directories. It does not allow me to run ASP.Net applications in the root directory. I want my site users to be able to go to http://mywebdomain.com/default.aspx and have that work. Right now I do not see a way to make it happen.

i installed the generic e-commerce site on a test site i have and asp.net was working for me.

you can contact your support department to help you with this...there is an option in the iis to convert an existing folder in to an application.....in the web site properties and make sure that the web.config file is in the httpdocs directory itselsf as it might give an server application error ..if it is in the application directpry itself

Please help

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Plesk is not allowing me to install an asp.net app at the root directory.

Back