• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

401 Authorization Required on password protected directory

CesareC

New Pleskian
Hi everybody, first of all I'm so sorry for my bad english and if this question was posted before but i can't find any suggestions.
I'm using plesk panel 10.4.4 on Linux CentOS. I've got two password protected directories with different credentials into the /httpdocs dir of a domain. One of these protected directories that contain a wordpress installation, show me the message below on the top of the page:

"Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Web Server at @domain_name@"

After this message the site is shown correctly. The other protected directory is shown totally correctly. I've tried to remove protection then reconfigure it but after some minutes the problem returns.
Someone can help me figure out this issue?

Many thanks,
Cesare

Back