• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

413 Request Entity Too Large - Cant upload backup files with backup manager

JahidH

New Pleskian
I have a 6GB backup file created with another Plesk Backup Manager, now I trying to upload this backup file to my Plesk Backup Manager but after upload 3% I am getting "413 Request Entity Too Large" error, I tried with disable NGINX but still getting this error.

Please help me how can I resolve this error or is their any other way to upload my file on backup manager?

I see that Backup Manager have a file size restriction of 2GB how can I increase this?

Last edited:
If you are getting such error while uploading a file in the website, then I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Take the backup of the configuration file of the NGINX

# cp /etc/nginx/nginx.conf /etc/nginx/nginx.conf.bkp
Add client_max_body_size 0; (or 100m) to /etc/nginx/nginx.conf and reload nginx proxy server using the below command:
# /etc/init.d/nginx reload

(Note: If 'client_max_body_size' entry is not there in the above file, then you can simply insert it under 'http {' section )

If you are getting such error while uploading a file in Plesk Panel (not while uploading in website), I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Increase 'client_max_body_size' value accordingly in '/etc/sw-cp-server/config' config file, for e.g. if the file's size is 4.5GB, you can set the value to 5120m (5120MB).

# grep client_max_body_size /etc/sw-cp-server/config
client_max_body_size 5120m;

Back