• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

4PSA TotalBackup (good stuff!)

J

jamesyeeoc

Wow, in all the time I've paid for this software I have never needed to use it, until last night.

Documentation could be a little better regarding doing a restore, but all in all it worked fine.

Being way too tired (as always) I was cleaning up after doing some testing and accidentally issued 'rm -rf /' and didn't realize it for several minutes (Doh!)

Now just to let you know, this was on a test server anyways, so no harm no foul. But I decided to test doing the restore anyways.

Worked with flying colors as I inherently felt it would, but never had any real need to find out.

No problems with perms or ownership, no weird other problems as I know have been posted with the Plesk Backup Utils.

Just thought I'd let other readers know!

(still can't believe I did that rm command....)

I don't have totalbackup, but I use advancedstats & notifications from 4PSA and they are both great! They write some really nice software, and luckily for them swsoft is too ignorant to implement most of the features we ask for. I'm really intersted in seeing how some of their other stuff works, but I just don't have the time or lab to test the stuff anymore.

P.S. Don't feel bad about the 'rm' happens to the best of us!

Yeah, I have their Extreme (or is it Ultra?) bundle, all but a couple of their last released items. Mostly they work fantastic, occasionally I come across a limitation that I don't like, but that might just be me :)

Yes it does, luckily not very often to me, and since I never use production boxes for *any* testing, it was no big deal, just figured I'd give TB a workout.

Like the rest, time is always in very short supply, hence why I work so many hours, good thing I like my boss (me) or else there would be much hell to pay. lol

Lab: I know, I keep ransacking my test machines for other projects. And keep buying more, and still not having enough time....

Back