• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

5.7.0 The message could not be sent. You are not allowed to use sendmail utility

MichaelCa

New Pleskian
Plesk for Linux v 12.0.18
SMTP Server (Postfix)
Dovecot IMAP and POP3 server
SpamAssassin
Parallels Premium Antivirus
Plesk milter (Postfix)

This is a brand new install. We're trying to setup a Plesk Linux server for mail only. On trying to test sending mail we continually see these errors:

I get errors like the one below whether I attempt to send using Horde, Roundcube, or an external mail client such as Thunderbird.

Aug 22 11:47:55 mail5 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[7472]: handlers_stderr: DATA REPLY:554:5.7.0 The message could not be sent. You are not allowed to use sendmail utility.
Aug 22 11:47:55 mail5 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[7472]: handlers_stderr: REJECT
Aug 22 11:47:55 mail5 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[7472]: REJECT during call 'limit-out' handler
Aug 22 11:47:55 mail5 postfix/cleanup[10248]: 5BC61268F: milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from localhost[::1]: 5.7.0 The message could not be sent. You are not allowed to use sendmail utility.; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail5.foo2.com>
Aug 22 11:47:55 mail5 postfix/smtpd[10245]: disconnect from localhost[::1]

I've looked at other threads on this subject but have seen no solution. Is there one?

For Roundcube, this might help:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng-outgoing --add-to-whitelist --sysuser=roundcube_sysuser

For Roundcube, this might help:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng-outgoing --add-to-whitelist --sysuser=roundcube_sysuser

You're doing it wrong. The issue the topic starter is facing likely means that webmails upgrade was not finished properly. If you don't have webmail config customizations, then probably reinstalling them via Parallels Installer would be the quickest and best solution (first remove, check that no old config files are left from them, then install again). After upgrade webmails shouldn't use sendmail at all.

The command provided by UFHH01 will also "solve" you problem, but will impair security and might affect future upgrades as well.

Back