• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved 500 Plesk\Exception\Database

CiaceNT

New Pleskian
Hi I have a dedicated server with Centos and Plesk, unfortunately changing the administrator password from SSH and MariaDB created a big problem.
If I try to access the Plesk administration panel I get the following output

500 Plesk \ Exception \ Database
DB query failed: SQLSTATE [HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)
DB query failed: SQLSTATE [HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)
File
Mysql.php
Line

I contacted Aruba customer support but it didn't solve my problem.

Can anyone help fix this mess?

I have the backup of Joomla directory and MariaDB

I have also the general backup xml.tar

Attachments

• Schermata del 2020-04-30 20-42-22.png
    Schermata del 2020-04-30 20-42-22.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Schermata del 2020-04-30 20-42-25.png
    Schermata del 2020-04-30 20-42-25.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 49
Thank you for the answer, I did not undestand what I've do whit the command that you I've suggest me

but I've used the "plesk login" from CLI for access to plesk, but I can't change the password of admin from the panel and I recived this message

Error: Sync error: cObject::update() failed: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value. Do not use quotes, space and national alphabet characters in a password.
The password length should be from 5 to 14 characters in length, and it should not contain the username. ('login' = 'admin').

If I try whit this command

plesk bin admin --set-admin-password -passwd 'zuyT96$3Oevp06_2Cxwj69~2'

Unable to change administrator's password: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1290 The MariaDB server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option so it cannot execute this statement, query was: GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO admin@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '$AES-128-CBC$5KVsO/h98bFdu936irvEJA==$MsHKAHGCcupi/UGeHy+Gbb3Iv8NsTtGG0z/07NgrcIQ='

exit status 1

And than

Can I know what it's the password of this hash?

$AES-128-CBC$ZmY/EEpy1+TwCNq5kalqSA==$Pd02kf4TTlpXdi/qyeo92w==

Thanks

From the error in the --set-admin-password command you did enable --skip-grant-tables on your mysql so it fails.
Remove the changes you did and fix the admin user with the article I provided then plesk bin admin --set-admin-password -passwd should work too

Hallo,
i have a problem!, if i add new Database and i get this error( SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1290 The MariaDB server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option so it cannot execute this statement ), how i can slove this problem

best Regards
cebina

The MariaDB server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option
Seems that you have skip-grant-tables enabled in the configuration.
You should be able to find the config file with this command:
Code:
egrep -rl "skip-grant-tables|skip_grant_tables" /etc/

Back