• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 502 bad gateway error after migrating to alma linux and updating plesk

axeronb

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Alama Linux 8.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition Version 18.0.46 Update #1
I had migrated from cent os to alma linux
and then updated plesk ...everything is up to date
now I am getting
502 bad gateway error
I am getting this error while repairing

The operation failed with the following error: {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair installation -y","type":"progress","message":"Reconfiguring the Plesk installation","level":0} {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair installation -y","type":"failed","message":"Reconfiguring the Plesk installation","level":0} {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair installation -y","type":"failed","message":"Reconfiguring the Plesk installation","level":0,"details":"Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.\nCertain actions may be skipped if not applicable.\n\n Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously\nfailed upgrade actions...\n===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable\nstage) has been started.\n===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).\n===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database\n(revertable stage) has been completed.\n===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.\nApplying migrations from:\n\/usr\/local\/psa\/bootstrapper\/pp18.0.46-bootstrapper\/migrations\/\n===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.\n===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been\nstarted.\n===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).\n===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) has\nbeen completed.\n Reconfiguring mail subsystem...\n Reconfiguring Apache web server...\n Reconfiguring ProFTPD FTP server...\n===> Configuring ProFTPD server\n Reconfiguring AWStats web statistics...\n Reconfiguring WatchDog...\n Restoring SELinux contexts...\nSynchronizing state of sw-cp-server.service with SysV service\nscript with \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/systemd-sysv-install.\nExecuting: \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/systemd-sysv-install enable\nsw-cp-server\nSynchronizing state of sw-engine.service with SysV service\nscript with \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/systemd-sysv-install.\nExecuting: \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/systemd-sysv-install enable\nsw-engine\nSynchronizing state of dovecot.service with SysV service script\nwith \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/systemd-sysv-install.\nExecuting: \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/systemd-sysv-install enable dovecot\nCreated symlink\n\/etc\/systemd\/system\/multi-user.target.wants\/spamassassin.service\n-> \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/system\/spamassassin.service.\nSynchronizing state of nginx.service with SysV service script\nwith \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/systemd-sysv-install.\nExecuting: \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/systemd-sysv-install enable nginx\nSynchronizing state of psa.service with SysV service script\nwith \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/systemd-sysv-install.\nExecuting: \/usr\/lib\/systemd\/systemd-sysv-install enable psa\n Reconfiguring SSL ciphers and protocols...\n Regenerating web servers' configuration files...\n Cleaning active Panel sessions...\n Fixing permissions on Panel packages files\nERROR:[Errno 2] No such file or directory:\n'\/opt\/plesk\/node\/12\/lib\/node_modules\/npm\/appveyor.yml'\nChanging permissions on \/var\/run\/dovecot\/login to 0o755\n\nBootstrapper repair finished.\nErrors occurred while performing the following actions: fix\nPlesk packages permissions.\nCheck '\/var\/log\/plesk\/install\/plesk_18.0.46_repair.log' and\n'\/var\/log\/plesk\/install\/plesk_18.0.46_repair_problems.log' for\ndetails.\nIf you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address\nPlesk support.\n"}

That symptom is typical for Fail2Ban. Have you checked that your server's public IP address(es) are whitelisted in your Fail2Ban configuration?

Have you checked /var/log/fail2ban.log for details? Do you see local IP address(es) listed there? For example 127.0.0.1 or your public IP addresses? If not, another not so likely cause could be either a crash of a PHP-FPM service or exceeding the max number of allowed children of such a service. That could be seen in a # service plesk-php-<number>-fpm status or the corresponding logs.

Nope, not listed there.
I even disabled Fail2Ban and checked
the server shuts down showing 504 error after some 12-20 mins after running Plesk repair or restarting the server
I disabled unsused FPM too... can you please help!

systemd [4540]
System daemons [3]
Failed to canonicalize path '/usr/local/psa/admin/.config/systemd/user/systemd-exit.service.d': Permission denied
getting this error... @Peter Debik

So we are back to my first guess that the Installation of Node.js is faulty.
Same issue described here Issue - Strange systemd messages piling up
however, the workaround described is only a cure for the symptoms, not the cause. The cause seem to be missing file access permissions. I am personally unexperienced with Node.js at this time, so I cannot provide the correct solution. But probably someone else who knows more about Node.js can.

Back