• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

503 Errors after Moving Inetpub

Matt Sonnentag

Basic Pleskian
I installed Plesk 11 on our IIS server and had moved the default inetpub from C: to D: on the server prior to installing plesk. After the Plesk 11 install I was getting a 503 error when navigating to the control panel.

Turns out something in the install must reference C:\inetpub and the proper permissions did not get put on d:\inetpub and when the panel was accessed the application pool for the panel would die with an insufficient permissions error.

Initiallly, the fix was to go through the inetpub directory on both drives and make sure that the new permissions matched those of the directory on the c drive. Basically the psaadm account needs to be able to list folder contents in the temp\app pool directory.

This worked yesterday, but for some reason this morning the error has returned and I can't seem to get it working again despite multiple reinstalls. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Back