• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.1 Upgrade Questions

C

Chris

Right now I'm running 7.1.5. If i go to the upgrader in the control panel, I see two options, one to go to 7.1.6 and one to go to 7.5.1. Can I go directly to 7.5.1 or should I upgrade to 7.1.6 first?

I upgraded directly from 7.1.5 to 7.5.1 with no issues.

Although, I upgraded using the Autoinstall program instead of the Updater on the control panel, it should work the same. Just review the installation release associated with the upgrade. You can probably read them elsewhere but I read them after logging on sw-soft.com then switch to Download - Plesk Products - Plesk 7.5 Reloaded - then scroll down to your system.

7.1.x -> 7.5.x should work fine, no need to go to 7.1.6 first.

On my first machine, we went the 7.1.x -> 7.5.x route with no trouble. Then Plesk support suggested going step by step. so since it really only takes an extra couple of minutes, we've been going that way with the other machines.

Each minor upgade you do will result in downtime ... on a busy server the quotacheck alone can take 30 mins. There is no need to go from 7.15 -> 7.16 -> 7.5.1 ... 7.15 -> 7.51 will work fine.

Back