• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.2 initial mailman configuration

D

dthoward

Plesk 7.5.2 on Redhat 9 ... I'm concerned, bothered, something like that ... about the initial mailman configuration. I filled in a form, not sure but I think it asked for the mailing list administrator email and password. Once configured, the icon is grayed out (disabled), I do understand that is the intended behavior. The concern is ... what if I want to change the maillist admin email and password. I'm probably being dense and missing something ... somebody set me straight ...

Thanks, Todd

dthoward

I guess you could do it by removing and installing mailman... :(

But I would do it in the mailman way, looking for the place (file or db) where the data are stored.

Regards

Thanks !!! I was able to get to a point where I'm comfortable ...

In trying to work out another problem, "Plesk does not create the mailman site list correctly, it does not put the qmail entries in place" ...

I found that removing the preinstalled maillist "mailman" ... reactivated the Plesk icon ...

I then was able to see that all it had asked for was the maillist admin email and password ...

So as you said ... those to settings can be done at the system level with mailman commands ...

Back