• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.3 upgrade: Clients unable to send e-mail

W

wmchurch

Environemnt:

CentOS 3.3 - Kernel 2.4.21-27.0.2.ELsmp
Plesk v7.5.3

Issue:
Immediatly after the upgrade to v7.5.3 from 7.5.2 clients were unable to send e-mail after an upgrade, client error messages were not helpful. Tried to restart qmail, then when that failed I did a simple telnet to port 25 of the server:

# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
relaylock: Error: MIGRATION_STORAGE_D not defined
relaylock: Error: MIGRATION_STORAGE_D not defined
Connection closed by foreign host.

For some reason, MIGRATION_STORAGE_D is not defined in the /etc/psa/psa.conf file as it was in v7.5.2, for me it was:

Code:
# PMM data directory
MIGRATION_STORAGE_D     /usr/local/psa/PMM/archives

The only other difference between the two files, the new file has a definition for PYTHON_ROOT_D:

Code:
# Python root dir (needed for PMM)
PYTHON_ROOT_D           /usr

Question is, if you're not migrating anything why do you even need this? :confused: :confused: :confused:

No other issues to report at this time.

Re: Problems sending e-mail after Upgrade 7.5.3

In my /etc/psa/psa.conf this Variable also has gone but on our server we can send e-mail, but there's back the e-mail delay bug i had fixed before (on SuSE 9.2 changing etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa putting server_args = /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd -r sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org ....)
Anyway you tried to restart qmail manualy and than have a look in the log file?

Originally posted by wmchurch

Question is, if you're not migrating anything why do you even need this? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'd be taking a VERY random guess here and suggest it's due to Plesk's integration with Virtuozzo. Virtuozzo can do live migrations which makes it perhaps necessary to reroute new mail to the destination system.

That's a very wild guess though.

Stuart

Back