• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.6 -> 7.6.0 CDONTS & CDOSYS not working

X

xyla

After upgrading 7.5.6 -> 7.6.0 the email components CDONTS & CDOSYS are not working. The smtp setting are still right and acces is set to iis_wpg.

Does anyone have an idea?

Collaboration Data Objects for Windows® NT® Server (CDONTS) have been removed from the Windows Server 2003 family. If your Web applications use CDONTS, you can convert them to Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects (CDO)

To change the whole programming of a script is headache
does a clue exist of using the cdonts and the cdosys in the same server?

Hello friend, I made that procedure, but I am below care the error

Microsoft VBScript runtime error' 800a0046'
Permission denied

what can be?

I had the same issue with aspEmail. I just changed the security permissions for the dll file. everything works fine.

ditto. cdonts and cdosys no longer working after upgrading a server to 7.6.1. the plesk upgrade nightmare continues.. do we have a solution? permissions seem ok.

installed a fresh server with 7.6.1 and cannot use cdonts

my clients now is very glad with this.. and me too

permissions is ok ( everyone in cdonts.dll acl )

Hi Guys, when you say that CDONTS and CDOSYS are no longer working, is it:

The component is not available on the server any more and is giving ASP errors whenever you try to create an instance?
any Runtime errors?

Or does everything appear normal but emails are just not being sent to the addresses in your scripts?

Ed

CDONTS: Microsoft VBScript runtime error' 800a0046'
CDOSYS: No error and no mail.

Is the default SMTP virtual server still present and not stopped in the IIS Manager?
If your code is using the port method then a good step would be to check if the MS SMTP server is actually responding to telnet on that port

telnet localhost 8025
should do it on the default plesk setup unless it has changed with 7.6 or if someone has changed it to another port at some stage.
As long as it isn't trying to start on a port already in use like 25 the SMTP server should be able to start.

If the code is using the mail pickup folder then check the correct permissions exist for Create files/ Write Data to C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Pickup for 'users' usually this is in the form of 'special permissions' which can be checked using advanced--effective permissions.

I once had a Plesk 7.5.6 box that just wouldn't work although all the config looked perfect.. including relaying etc...
after removing and readding the MS SMTP server using Add/Remove Programs--Windows components and then restarting the SMTP server it started doing it's thing once more.

Hope some of that helps :)

Ed

Hi Guys,

I was just helping a client out with this exact problem on a 7.6.1 box -only using CDO SYS though, this is what I did to get it working again (not sure if all steps are needed as I was in a hurry at the time and just did this in the hopes of resolving it quickly - took about 5 minutes to get it working)

1. Added write permissions for 'users' to C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Pickup
(no users had permissions and members of psacln and psaadm groups were denied...)

2. Stopped the MS SMTP server in IIS Manager and then removed it from Add/remove programs/windows components

3. Added the MS SMTP server again, changed the default port to 8025 and allowed mail relaying for 127.0.0.1 then restarted the server.

Regards, Ed

this is what had to be done for us:

- run plesk reconfigure
- remove all permissions and add them again for mailroot and the DLLs. for some reason the plesk user was denied access.

I had a similar problem with CDONTS on Plesk 8.1, and fixed it by adding permissions to /inetpub/mailroot. But now permissions have reverted back to denied for PSA user without anyone touching the server. Any ideas?

adding or removing plesk applications from add/remove programs causes a permissions reset each time which does this. quite annoying.

You have to set the properly permissions on iis mail folder

first of all read this article
http://kb.swsoft.com/article_145_560_en.html

make sure that you done everything described here

after this ( the step above is very important ) check the permissions on folder:

C:\inetpub\mailroot

psacln read write
users read write
IWAM_somenamehere (check your users on users & groups) read write
make sure that dont have psadm here

Originally posted by IG0R
You have to set the properly permissions on iis mail folder

psacln read write
users read write
IWAM_somenamehere (check your users on users & groups) read write
make sure that dont have psadm here

IGOR, I dissagree with your "IWAM_xxx", and furthermore it's impractical to add IWAM accounts if you are hosting 100s of sites. I tested it without IWAM_xxx and it still works. I've also made some comments on the KB article on SW-Soft's web site so that they can include instructions on what to do if you upgrade Plesk, since this appears to happen every time you upgrade Plesk.

Back