• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.2 Install Error

H

hoquet

I getting very frustrated with Plesk. I am doing a clean install on a dedicated server. I followed the instructions exactly as the install guide recommends. I made sure I met the pre-requisites and everything.

I get the error Exception Occurred (Com Error 80020009) at execute action Creating IIS Web Server...

My options are to aport, ignore, retry.

I looked in IIS and see SSOServer (Stopped). If I retry multiple time then refresh IIS, I see multiple instances now of SSOServer (Stopped). It appears as though the issue is with creating this SSO which I believe is a new feature of signle sign on for applications.

I have submitted an email ticket, however, it seems like their response time leaves much to desire. After I bought Plesk, and having difficulty installing I asked Plesk Sales if I could return and get my money back and buy it through my hosting provider. The hosting provider would install plesk for me and thus make it easier for me. Needless to say, they will not return the product and let me get it installed by my hosting provider. I guess they don't appreciate customers?

I can say that ASAP, I will start to look for an alternative solution to Plesk. For next years sales plan for PLESK, please count 1 less customer!

Hello, hoquet!

Most probably, the error takes place because of failures in creating an IIS website. This can happen because of two problems: the IIS installation is corrupt, or there is something outisde IIS, which blocks website creation. To sliminate the first type of problem, you would need to reinstall the whole IIS component (via add/remove programs). As for the second issue, please, check the Event Log for any erros thrown by Plesk or IIS. Also, please, make sure there is no software that blocks IIS management.

You may have already fixed this issue on your server. I'll just add the fix here for other people who will encounter this in the future.

In IIS Manager, delete all instances of SSOServer virtual directory and then click on Retry. The port 1180 (or some other port) is being reused on different VD and thus this error.

Back