• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

9.2.1 on debian testing - help?!

T

TristanG

Hi,

I accidentally upgraded too many things on a debian testing box and have resulted in a half-broken install of Plesk. Unfortunately the FTP daemon claims the following:
- mod_tls/2.1.2: compiled using OpenSSL version 'OpenSSL 0.9.8c 05 Sep 2006' headers, but linked to OpenSSL version 'OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009' library
- Fatal: unable to load module 'mod_tls.c': Operation not permitted

when I try and run it and gives 421 service unavailable when invoked from xinetd.

Moving to an older OpenSSL library fixes that but breaks apache. Unfortunately I've upgraded libc6 etc so going back to stable is going to be a nightmare of package micromanagement.

Is there a build (beta or otherwise) of Plesk that works under Debian testing? If not, is there some way I can resolve this problem?

thanks!

Hello,

Unfortunately there are no any Parallels Panel version customized for usage with the Debian testing (besides it is not frozen so no one can guarantee the compatibility) .

So the only way to resolve this issue is either to recompile Debian packages or downgrade you system (force ininstallation of the new packages without dependences and installing the previous versions).

Back