• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

_non_ssl Issue

I TOTALLY agree with you. also, these bugs like the non_ssl issue should have been easily detected by the developers before plesk for windows shipped, i can't see a major bug like this one slipping through any serious testing procedure. but well, there's nothing we can do about it. I hope they offer a satisfactory solution to all of us, that's whats important to me.

btw, do you have detailed info on the IIS workaround? could be usefull in the meantime.

-Andres

This is what I did - mind you it did not work for all of the sites (could be an error on my end though.

Brief backgorund:
Windows server 2000 / all updates.
dual 3.06 Xeons
3 GIGs of ECC DDR memory.

The walk through -->
Open IIS (this is after you create the client in Plesk).
Click on new / web site.

Fill in all of the information for a new site and point it to the httpdocs folder ( path might be C:\Inetpub\vhosts\thenewsite.com\httpsdocs)

Select the IP that you assisgned it in Plesk (or all unassigned may work)

Finish up by adding the normal values for a site through IIS and close IIS.

Right click on the folder for the web site that Plesk made. inetpub/vhosts/thenameofthesite.com. Click properties and make sure or add:

Administrators
Network
Interactive
Plesk domain user (the user information)
SYSTEM

Click Apply.

I had to reboot for all of this to take affect. Either use the windows "restart" method or reset through Plesk interface.

It worked about 70% of the time.

Ty for the info.

Serverbeach just told us that There will be an official announcement on Monday August 16, 2004. about plesk 7 for windows. Going to see what it is before i start messing up with IIS. I am hoping to upgrade if it takes care of the problem.
:)

-Andres

We could not get 7.0 installed on a Win2K server.

It seems like we may have bought the farm with no animals on this one.

I did recieve an e-mail stating to upgrade to 7.0 though. You think from the information they recieved in my e-mail they would have alerted me to the confilict in OS types.

Next server - will not be Plesk.

Back