• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

_non_ssl Issue

M

MattR@

Has anyone come up with any workaround for this known issue? I get asked about this odd functionality almost daily now, it really seems unnecessary and just a pain in the butt.

Has anyone received a word from Plesk or invented their own workaround on it so far?

Matt

As a note, this is not the Frontpage Extensions error, but that people browsing clients sites using ASP will randomly end up at http://www.domain.com/domain.com_non_ssl/ when some ASP redirects are used, example:
Response.Redirect "./"

Will send them to the non_ssl url which it shouldn't be doing.

i fixed with adding a virtual host in IIS itself.

You've you're server, virtual host and sub_hosts

Plesk works with the *** sub_hosts
so add a virtual host (like plesk does with naming: ip_adress)
and it's working great than

Originally posted by ICTTrend

Does the CP integration still function properly through this method?

Originally posted by ICTTrend

Anyone else have any idea of any possible rammifications of doing this or if our CP integration would get lost? Would the site need a dedicated IP I would have to take from Plesk's pool then?

Cheers,
Matt

it's working fine here.

No dedicated IP is required.

Only the problem is that you manually need to add everything. Also subdomains (after adding it with the CP!)

Originally posted by abagla
How to do it...
Go into your IIS MMC, Right click on Web sites, add new site. Point the web folder at the httpdocs folder in vhosts/domain/, and place it in the PSAServ Application pool, problem solved. Assign it to the same IP and IIS will direct traffic the proper way before the user ever hits the mapping.dll plesk version, all FTP and mail will continue to work normally.

Do I also need to start the newly created web site ???

I ws unable to statrt it as it says port already in use

Originally posted by abagla
Do I also need to start the newly created web site ???

I ws unable to statrt it as it says port already in use
Was the existing site on a dedicated IP?

This is a documented issue with Plesk 6.5.x, the only fix is to setup the site outside of Plesk in IIS, or upgrade to Plesk 7.0, apparently they have fixed it there. The problem is at the base level of how plesk manages its domains so its unlikely a fix will ever be released.

I am also experiencing this problem, we need a fix for this.

-Andres

Originally posted by MattR
Go into your IIS MMC, Right click on Web sites, add new site. Point the web folder at the httpdocs folder in vhosts/domain/, and place it in the PSAServ Application pool, problem solved. Assign it to the same IP and IIS will direct traffic the proper way before the user ever hits the mapping.dll plesk version, all FTP and mail will continue to work normally.

I am kinda new managing windows 2003 servers, I'd like to know how is this working for you? also I understand the 1st part or the procedure, but not the final part.

Go into your IIS MMC, Right click on Web sites, add new site. Point the web folder at the httpdocs folder in vhosts/domain/

But I am clueless on the last step:

and place it in the PSAServ Application pool, problem solved. Assign it to the same IP and IIS will direct traffic the proper way before the user ever hits the mapping.dll plesk version

I can you be a little more specific so a new plesk user can implement this workaround. I use a shared ip btw.

I contacted sw-soft support about this and the only solution they offered was to update to plesk 7. :mad:

Thanks in Advance.

-Andres Tinoco

non_ssl

I understand that this was fixed in the latest version but, should'nt there be a patch for 6.5? I mean we spent good money on a product that does not fully function properly.

So, by saying - " your lucky - this was fixed in the latest version" and guess what - "you get to pay again" is kind of a lame anwser.

Is any admin from Plesk actually viewing any of these threads? This error is posted more then once, I would assume (pretty stupid of me han) that knowing there is a very big bug in their product, they would have a fix.

I am one of the unlucky customers that bought 6.5 days before 7.0 was released.

Any response from the people at SWS would be great.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY, I'd accept the plesk 7 upgrade instead of a patch for 6.5 if it's free, still not sure what's going to happen with me , since i lease the 6.5 license from serverbeach and they still not offer plesk 7 for windows.

was kinda hoping for sw-soft to at least offer a workaround or a patch in the meantime. but i was never offered a solution other than the upgrade to plesk 7 solution for the bug fix. I also got the same answer for one of the other 2 problems i'm experiencing right now, seems like plesk 6.5 for win should have been tested more before release, the more I use it, the more bugs i find.

-Andres Tinoco

Well unlike you I bought Plesk for my own web server. I have about 20 or so sites that are mine and friend/business partner to avoid the hassel and expense of paying a company 15 bucks a month for each site.

What would be nice if they offered me my money back and/or put that towards Plesk7. There is no way in hell this was tested for any length in time and someone did not come across this.

I managed to get most of the sites to work by pointing IIS to the httpdocs folder while a few will not.

The point is, I - we, paid for a product that does not do what it is advertised to do. Nor do they offer a resolution for the exception of spending more money on their product with an upgrade.

I should not have to touch IIS at all, that is the point of a control panel. I have an e-mail in to them already and I am awaiting a repsonse which I will kindly post in here for everyone to view.

Back