• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved a recurrent task generating a lot of IO delays

Alban Staehli

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

Just running into some IO delays on daily basis, and I can see this command being run on my Plesk box (CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 & Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.39 Update #2)
find / -maxdepth 7 -path /proc -prune -o -path /sys -prune -o -type f -size +50 -printf %s?t%Tc?t%p n

Would anyone know what it's related to? I could not find what is triggering this command so far.
The only page I could find with same command shown in some log dumps is here: Plesk Dovecot wird "angegriffen" geht down

Thank you for your thoughts.

This is done by updatedb, which renews the database for locate. Package might be called slocate.

This is done by updatedb, which renews the database for locate. Package might be called slocate.
I've actually searched for any kind of locate, mlocate or slocate packages without luck...
yum list installed | grep locate

There's nothing with such name. Also can't see updatedb conf file within /etc.
Any other thoughts of where I shall look?

I've actually searched for any kind of locate, mlocate or slocate packages without luck...
yum list installed | grep locate

There's nothing with such name. Also can't see updatedb conf file within /etc.
Any other thoughts of where I shall look?
Plz ignore, issue was with another container running on same host - locate wasn't installed on the Plesk host.
Thx again @mow for pointing out to locate!

Me again, after disabling all updatedb / locate within multiple containers, I realized that the command highlighted earlier was still being run.
I could finally trace it back, and it's running by Plesk!
Parents commands being:
  • bash /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules//diskspace-usage-viewer/files.sh
  • /usr/bin/sw-engine -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/diskspace-usage-viewer/scripts/files.php
This is related to Plesk Extension diskspace-usage-viewer, which has a task to run hourly by default within the crontab. Switching to once a day saved me from a lot of IO usage.

Back