• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question accelerate MySQL

Sylvain Ard

Basic Pleskian
Hello all !
I want to accelerate MySQL on my Plesk server. Indeed MySQL do only 30 insertions in table per second against 1000 on my personal laptop.
Thank you
Best regards

There's a lot of factors at play - hardware is one. Your MySQL Config is another - insert buffers, commit settings, etc will affect MySQL's concurrency. I'd play around with MySQL's options to see what works best, but also consider that it could be a disk/IO Latency issue with the server itself.

only 30 insertions in table per second against 1000 on my personal laptop.
This could be due to a large number of existing entries and one or more indizes, because in that case the index needs to be updated every time a record is inserted.

hello @Sylvain Ard ,

there are lot of ways to improve mariaDB server performance, but you should understand what exactly you are doing.
And there is nobody who can tell you "this is the silver bullet! use it and everything will be great!"

first of all you should read the official documentation to achieve understanding what exactly you are going to do.

you can start from ordinary suggestions like:
  • increase max_allowed_packet (both! for server and client, otherwise mysqldump will fail in some cases)
  • increase innodb_buffer_pool_size
  • increase opened files limit.

another one way is playing with innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit variable.
but you MUST read what it will mean for you from the point of view of data consistency.

Back