• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Acronis Backup and Recovery for Plesk - Recovery does not work

J

JWeiher

Plesk Version 9.5.4
B&R Version 10
running on Debian 5

Hi,

I'm trying to test the recovery precedure with Backup and Recovery for Plesk using the trial key (the key is valid till 20th of April). I successfully created an image of my machine using Backup and Recovery for Plesk. However, if I try to recover the Image using a bootable media on another box, Acronis for Plesk always fails with "Key disabled". I tried to figure out where I might need to put the key to make the recovery work, but nothing worked. I am completely aware of the fact that I am only using a Trial Key for Backup and Recovery, but I wouldnt dream of buying a backup software without the ability to test the recovery procedure first, so I think recovery should be possible using the Trial Key?
Or is just the Manual lacking some information? I was unable to determine which parts of B&R need the license key file and where on the file system.

best regards,
Jan Weiher

Back