• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Activate DNS Service in Plesk

P

pesibaja

Hi!

I am trying to activate BIND DNS server to use it with Plesk. When I installed Plesk 10.2, I chose not to use a DNS Server with Plesk such as BIND or MSDNS but, now I need to use BIND. The point is, how might I activate, configure or install BIND in my server?

I have searched in "Services Management", "Updates > Add Components", following manuals steps, looking here in the forum and updated to Plesk 10.3.1 with no luck.

Something curious, Plesk detects the BIND Server installed but it does not appears in the services or components sections. The DNS records are not refreshing.

There is any way to install, activate or configure BIND Server to appears in Plesk??

I will appreciate al the help that you could give me.

Kind Regards,

pesibaja.

Do you see BIND in Server Components? Did you try to click Refresh button there?

Yes Igor, the "Refresh button" does anything. I give you a "print screen" of the server components where the DNS is:

2nunkms.jpg

Thank you for your help,

pesibaja

forget the past post...

After clicked "Refresh button" DNS component disappeared :S

like this:
28uo93r.jpg

However, the BIND is installed in the system right in the Parallels\Plesk\dns folder.

Am I doing something wrong?? :S

Thank you again!

pesibaja

Now that DNS server component is not detected I tried to add the component with the Autoinstaller or "Updates" section in Tools & Utilities but, seems that is still detected...

5b3cxc.jpg

I deleted manually all the files in: Parallels\Plesk\dns just to prove if the component still being detected and is the same :S haha

pesibaja
P.D: right now Im doing illogical things to get this thing work hehe

Hi 2 all, I have some question... I'm new in Plesk, I buy server on webtropia.com, and I have Plesk on my server. When I wanted to add sites, it's doesn't work, because NS is wrong. I call webtropia team and they told me: "domains which you not rent from us cannot be managed in our DNS-System. You must use the domain providers DNS-System or use the Plesk DNS service."
How can I use Plesk DNS service? DNS Server (BIND) is run on plesk. What is NS for my websites?

Back