• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Add Domain in Power User - No dns_zone records

KC0PPH

New Pleskian
---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, VERSION OF MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
OS Microsoft Windows 6.1;build-7601;sp1.0;suite1296;product3
Panel version 10.4.4 Update #41, last updated at Aug 9, 2012 02:16 AM

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When I create a customer and add a domain/subscription during the creation of that customer everything works fine.
When i go to that customers panel and add a domain it gives the error in red below. When I attempt to view the DNS records from their Control Panel I get the error Error:DNSZone::Table::select() failed: no such row in the table.

To fix this error i use the following steps
Code:
cd %plesk_dir%\Mysql\bin
mysql -uadmin -p -P 8306 psa
I then look to see which domains do not have a DNS Zone
Code:
mysql> SELECT domains.name FROM domains LEFT JOIN dns_zone ON domains.dns_zone_id = dns_zone.id WHERE dns_zone.id IS NULL;
Indeed the Domain does not have a record in the dns_zone table
I get the domain ID
Code:
mysql> select dns_zone_id,name from domains;
I use the following code to fix this.
Code:
mysql>INSERT INTO dns_zone SET id=10, name='divinelane.fakedomain.com', displayName='divinelane.fakedomain.com', email='[email protected]';

mysql>INSERT INTO dns_zone SET id=11, name='test.fakedomain.com', displayName='test.fakedomain.com', email='[email protected]';

This fix was found at http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=102727

After i do this i am able to view the DNS Records for the domain, but there are NO records.
I have not tried to add them in manually.
The original domain i set up with the account has all of the records
The domain i set up via the Home>Add Domain(Power User View) has 0 records.

I thought it might be because the domains have been on and off for testing purposes and there is something in the database that is causing an issue. So i removed the domain, then added a new domain of random characters. Same result.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Create Customer
Power User View
Home>Add Domain
You get the error below in Red
Apply Fix above
No DNS Records

ACTUAL RESULT
Error: WebServerManager::addVhost() failed: websrvmng failed: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520) In Microsoft.Web.Administration module Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostMethodInstance.Execute() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Binding.AddSslCertificate(Byte[] certificateHash, String certificateStoreName) at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.BindingTransaction.Commit() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.Save() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges() at ServerManagerFactory.commit() at IIS7ServerManager.commit(IIS7ServerManager* )

EXPECTED RESULT
Website Working Fine and DNS records intact from the Template.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------

Once i complete the above and click restore defaults everything works. But I can not be going in and running command line scripts for every domain that is added.

Would really be nice to get some assistance with this issue... Or does it require switching panels? Its getting old to have to go in to the database and fix these errors each time a clinent adds a domain.

Back