• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Add New Subscription - Synchronization Failed

Namesonic

New Pleskian
PROBLEM:

I'm noticing a curious problem when adding a new subscription, it is immediately out of sync with the service plan settings I've defined.

When creating a new subscription, how can it have different values than the plan provides?

------

DETAILS:

Plesk Panel Version 10.4.4 Update #29
OS Linux 2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.x86_64

In the admin panel, when I "Add New Subscription" to a customer (without selecting the customize plan) using a service plan I've previously defined, I immediately get the "Syncronization Failed" page which shows the warning: "Subscription is not synced with service plan".

In this case, the subscription shows "Mailing Lists" as switched off, but the Plan Value shows "Mailing Lists" as switched on. To sync the plan by clicking OK, the information says that the "Mailing Lists" will be turned off as per the "Available value".

This seems to be logically reversed, as the plan state is on, the new subscription state is off *see below.

------

RESOLUTION:

I resolved this problem the following way:

First I found a thread here, http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=109403&highlight=mailing+list that detailed the problem a little.

Using the script provided I got the following error:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/maillist --on <domain>
Mailing list support is not installed or not properly configured.

Using the next link I googled, http://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/423/How+do+I+create+a+mailing+list+in+Plesk?#dv_40 it showed me that I have to do a couple of things:

1) Make sure that "Enable mailing lists" was checked in the plan ( already done this )
2) In "Tools & Utilities" click "Set Up Mailing Lists Server"

---- this screen asked me for the username and password to create the mailing list server, then gave me the message, "Mailman software was configured. Set Up Mailing Lists Server button will no longer be available on the Settings screen."

Now when I add a new subscription it is immediately synced with the plan, now that the Mailing List server is configured properly.

** Note I'm still getting this problem with "Retain Web and Traffic Statistics"

Property Subscription value Plan value Available value
Retain web and traffic statistics 12 3 12

Back