• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Add storage volume

Korkodilos_

New Pleskian
Hello, i'm running a plesk obsidian server on hetzner cloud. As the websites grow, more space will be needed soon, so i'll be using the extra storage volume service offered by hetzner for cloud servers.
So the question is this: How to i mount the extra storage? Do I wait for plesk daily routine script to pick it up or follow hetzners guide (screen shown in spoiler)?

Thanks a lot!
hetzner extra disk.png

Do I wait for plesk daily routine script to pick it up
There is no such thing with Plesk, this is a system operation managed by the system administrator as a root user. and should be set up first before installing Plesk.

Example: On a new CentOS server:

You can set up the needed disk as:

Disk Root: (Default server disk): /
DIsk1: /dev/sdb/ mounted on /var/www/vhosts/

Then install Plesk.

Or you can grow your existing disk if your provider supports the mechanism.

Currently, you can move all files and folders in /var/www/vhosts/ with rsync tool to the new disk but you'll lose the ability to manage the Virtual Host Template
structure written by the system for the first time that is responsible for creating default folders for new domains. Tools & Settings > Virtual Host Template

See Plesk recommendations:

Back