1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Adding a scheduled task

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Quaxxon, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Quaxxon

Quaxxon Guest

Hello,

I have created a .vbs script to check on the Application pools and would like to run this every hour.

I have added it to the scheduler, but it doesnt run. I have manually created a task within windows, and this works perfectly. So the problem is getting the plesk scheduler to run.

In the path to executable file, i have entered both:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\apppoolsmonitor.vbs"
    AND
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\apppoolsmonitor.vbs

The whole line in the task from windows is:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\runtask.exe" "--application=\"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\apppoolsmonitor.vbs\"" "--parameters=""

But doesnt work. Anyone have any clues? or will I just have to set this up manually?

2. OlegB

OlegB Guest

Actually .vbs is not executable file. It should be loaded by
    cscript.exe.

C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\Desktop\apppoolsmonitor.vbs