• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Adding external links to Sitebuilder pages

Ed Jones

New Pleskian
I am starting to use Plesk Sitebuilder, which I understand has been discontinued in favor of something else, which seems to be also on the skids to phase out.
Anyway, I am having trouble understanding the part if the manual that deals with links to external sites. I can get some sites to work, but they don't look right on the screen. It asks me to type the text to be used as a hyperlink, but where do I type that, just as text at the point in my document where I want it to appear, or what? Then it wants me to click on the Insert/Edit Link icon and in effect type the same information (it seems to me) into the form that appears.
Then I am to select a protocol, such as http://, but some sites I want to link to seem to just start with www. What "protocol" do I select for those?
Is there an alternate source of guidance about this other than the manual (the manual for version 4.2 and the one for 4.5 both give the guidance as above, which isn't working for me?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ed Jones

Back