• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Advanced nginX directives for a vhost (memcached)

TechnoMan

New Pleskian
You can edit the nginx directives for the desired vhost at the webserver config. However, it seems like that you can only add basic directives, but not something like that:
Code:
http {

# memcached servers
	upstream memcached-servers {
		server 127.0.0.1:11211;

}

# PHP-FPM upstream
	upstream php-fpm {
		server 127.0.0.1:9000;
	}

server {

## Listen ports
		listen 80;
		listen [::]:80;

}
}

How can I do that?

Thanks

Memcache can be included as PHP-Extension and then it doesn't need to be configured for NGINX then. If you still insist to pass the requests from one upstream to another one and then back to the client, you loose all the advantages in speed, that you gained by using the NGINX proxy. Be aware that you can't pass the client requests to two upstream at the same time, only one after the other.
The memcache PHP-Extension is already served, when you pass the client requests over the PHP-FPM upstream.

Ah i see. But how can you do that in general? There are man other advanced nginX directives that won't be accepted in the panel.

Well, "won't be accepted" are the wrong words I think, because the integrated nginx-configuration-checker just checks, if your inputs are valid and if not, it will point to the line, where mistakes/problems/mis-configurations are beginning. As mentioned in your starting post, you cant't put "server" - directives in a "vhost" - directive... so the checker will indeed tell you, that this doesn't work. ^^ IF you really want to change a server directive, you could do this directly under "/etc/nginx/nginx.conf".

Back