• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After Migration: e-mail user can't login with roundcube

veduardo

New Pleskian
Hey there,

I have done the migration with the Migration Manager from Confixx to Plesk 12.0.18.
Users can login tho the mail account with Outlook, thats no problem(old password is working). If the webmailer is set to Hord the user also can login. But if i switch to roundcube it is not possible to login to the Webmailer! You get the message "Die Anmeldung ist fehlgeschlagen." (Login failed) roundcube-login.jpg

After changing the email password in plesk, it is then possibe to login(even if the new password is identical to the old one)?!?

Is this a known bug? Is there a solution for that?!? I really don't want to email every customor to ask him to change his password?!?

Plesk has a bunch of log - files to investigate problems, please have a look at:

... and try to find the depending log - files, to investigate your issue. If you need help with the investigations, please add the corresponding configuration - files as well as the log - files entries, which point to issues/problems/failures. It is always a good idea to add your operating system as well then, because some locations and commands are slightly different depending on the used OS.

I had this exact same problem after migrating mail accounts from Cpanel to Plesk 12. Outlook works, Horde works, Roundcube doesn't work unless I manually change the password after migration (even if only to the exact same as before).

The roundcube log only holds the following relevant entry:
IMAP Error: Login failed for <user email> from <user IP>. AUTHENTICATE CRAM-MD5: A0001 NO Login failed. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /roundcube/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)

Seems the issue is that the passwords for the imported email accounts are stored in a different format from what roundcube expects. I fixed this by adding the following in the config.inc.php file at /usr/share/psa-roundcube/config/

$config['imap_auth_type'] = 'LOGIN';

Hi Simon1234,

your issue is unfortunately based on different used encryptions methods, which can't be solved other than to renew the password over Plesk. The same issue as for migrations from cPanel to Plesk for FTP - accounts.

Back