• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved After Migration Gmail Android App can't see SPAM folder

ManuelGDot

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

I needed migrate a whole server via Plesk Migrator. Now the issue arouse that the GMail Android App no longer can see the SPAM folder. It's there in webmail or Thunderbird, it can be accessed just fine. Just no mobile client can see or access it.

BTW: Is there an option in GMail app to select which IMAP folders to subscribe to? I can't seem to find anything about that.

Anyway, it worked fine before the migration and the SPAM folder exists. Why can't we access it via Android, any clues?

Thanks.

We just realized it's the same issue for Draft and some other folders. Also manually removing and re-adding the account doesn't fix the issue. Logs show nothing,

Found the solution myself. This might be important for others, the issue seems common while solutions are rare.

Old server: Ubuntu 16.04
New server: Ubuntu 18.04

Both running Dovecot for IMAP. When comparing dovecot.conf I realized the old server had a much shorter "namespace inbox" section.

Old (working)
Code:
namespace inbox {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = yes
}

New (not-working)
Code:
namespace inbox {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = yes

mailbox Sent {
     auto = subscribe # autocreate and autosubscribe the Sent mailbox
     special_use = \Sent
  }
   mailbox Spam {
  [...]
}

Replacing the new namespace section with the old one did the trick. Removing all mailbox / special use folders had Outlook, Gmail etc. seeing and using the folders again.
Weird enough in a lot of solutions it's proposed to do it other way round, to ADD the mailbox folders to dovecot.conf. There's also a Plesk article claiming that as solution.

Back