• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Acces mail via imap

Alexdb

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.49_build1800230110.16 os_Ubuntu 20.04
Hi,
i have a domain + website + 2 emails accounts on a plesk. I can access to my emails via the webmail (roundcube).
All is fine.

But i need to acces to these emails in order to make a migration to M365. Apparently, i can't make this migration because Microsoft can't connect to IMAP server.
So i try to configure my emails on thunderbird, but it cannot connect to the server.
I activated dovecot's logs but i can't see anything.
So i try the Microsoft's tools: Test connectivity. One time on port 993 and second time on port 143. Error is the same.

I receive an error:
Test du port TCP 143 sur l'hôte mail.xxxxx.fr pour s'assurer qu'il écoute/est ouvert.
Le port spécifié est bloqué, n’écoute pas ou ne produit pas la réponse attendue.

Détails supplémentaires
Une erreur réseau s'est produite lors d’une communication avec l'hôte distant.

it say:
Test port TCP 143 on host mail.xxxxxx.fr to make sure it is open/listen.
The specific port is blocked, do not listen or not answer.
More details
Network error during communication with remot host.

I tried to see if the firewall block something, but i can't find the firewall extension. I tried to install it via Tools/Settings -> update. But the webpage do not answer. I can't install any extensions.

Any hint please ?

A few things that come to mind that might block (remote) IMAP access are an external firewall or CloudFlare. Does your hosting provider maybe have an firewall active that prohibits you from connecting you IMAP? Or are you using CloudFlarefor your domains? CloudFlare blocks all email traffic by default.

Another thing you could try is to connect to your server using your servers host name instead of the mail prefix (mail.domain.fr) domain your currently trying to use.

A few things that come to mind that might block (remote) IMAP access are an external firewall or CloudFlare. Does your hosting provider maybe have an firewall active that prohibits you from connecting you IMAP? Or are you using CloudFlarefor your domains? CloudFlare blocks all email traffic by default.

Another thing you could try is to connect to your server using your servers host name instead of the mail prefix (mail.domain.fr) domain your currently trying to use.
Oh i didn't think to check my hosting provider. I'll be back !

You were right ! Thank you very much. My hosting provider set a firewall. I had to allow 993 and 465 ports.

How can i switch my post to "Resolved" ?

Back