• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved After migration: Mail delivery does not work: do not list domain in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains

RomanLed

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Cloudlinux 8.10
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 #1
Hello,
After migrating from Centos to Cloudlinux and restoring from a Plesk backup, it appeared with mail receiver, but for only one domain assigned to the server (All other domains work fine).
postfix/trivial-rewrite [36485] warning: do not list domain bendlight.eu in BOTH virtual_alias_domains and virtual_mailbox_domains
This solution didn't help me:

Changing the server domain to an unused one didn't help either.

The only thing that helped was turning it off "#virtual_alias_maps = $virtual_maps, hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual" in /etc/postfix/main.cf
I don't know if this is a good solution?

The only thing that helped was turning it off "#virtual_alias_maps = $virtual_maps, hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual" in /etc/postfix/main.cf
I don't know if this is a good solution?
No, that's not recommended.

You can try to run the repair utility for mail with: plesk repair mail to see if that fixes the issue.

You can try to run the repair utility for mail with: plesk repair mail to see if that fixes the issue.
This is the first thing I did, it doesn't find any errors and after fixing it it still doesn't work.
I have 15 domains but only the one assigned to the server has a problem. Changing the domain to an unused one does not help.

Can you try to restart postfix service postfix restart and aftwards run plesk repair mail -y one more time?

If that does not solve the issue I recommend to open a support ticket for an investigation of the issue on your server. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to https://support.plesk.com.

If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Hmmm very strange, I did the same thing before, but it helped now.
The only difference is that I haven't turned it on yet "#virtual_alias_maps = $virtual_maps, hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual"
Only after these activities and once again, I restarted Postfix.

The virtual_alias_maps = $virtual_maps, hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual" line is vital to make sure all aspects of mail work within Plesk. If you have commented out that I recommend uncommenting it, restarting postfix and run the repair command again.

The virtual_alias_maps = $virtual_maps, hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual" line is vital to make sure all aspects of mail work within Plesk. If you have commented out that I recommend uncommenting it, restarting postfix and run the repair command again.
Repairing it with the function disabled (virtual_alias_maps) probably helped, I restarted and repaired it and work now :)

@Kaspar@Plesk Thanks for help.

Back