• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After PLESK 10.3 Upgrade Blank screen

HansMu

New Pleskian
Hello,
after upgrading PLESK from my Debian Lenny x64 system I have a serious problem with the panel: after logging in I get blank pages nearly for every administration feature. Looking at the PLESK panel error_log I can see the following errors:

2011-07-13 11:19:56: (mod_fastcgi.c.2588) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error: psasem disabled because of error at initialization: Unable to define user id for "psaadm": Permission denied in /opt/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3 on line 7
2011-07-13 11:19:56: (mod_fastcgi.c.2588) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error: psasem disabled because of error at initialization: Unable to define user id for "psaadm": Permission denied in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Semaphore.php on line 38

But the user psaadm exists and has never been changed by me.
Also the bootstrapper repair wasn't successful at all, the problem is still the same.

I can not reinstall PLESK on my server because I have so many clients who wouldn't accept any downtime.

Please help me,
Regards from Germany
Hans

Last edited:
Did you resolve this?

I just upgraded from Plesk 9.x to 10.x and everything worked ok for a while. We had some issues and the Small Business Panel was installed in addition to our Plesk Panel while trying to fix an issue. Once that was installed (by mistake) we were no longer able to get back into Plesk at all (in other words we have the Plesk Panel 10.3 and the Plesk Business Panel 10.2 on the same box) - we have been working around the clock for 4 days on this...all we get a white screen at login.

I was told by Parallels there is no uninstall for Plesk 10 products and that we would have to re-install our OS and re-configure everything. Just as you said, we do not have the option of doing this with our current setup.

I am looking to see if anyone else has been able to fix (even including an unsupported hack of some sort) to be able to log in.

Back