• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved After running poodle fix I cannot connect to SFTP and secured mail

King555

Regular Pleskian
I ran the poodle fix from http://kb.odin.com/en/123160 (ssl_v3_disable.sh) and while my websites and PLESK itself are running fine with and without SSL, I cannot connect to my FTP server (proFTPd) and to my POP3 and IMAP mail server (Dovecot) anymore.

I use SmartFTP for SFTP and Outlook 2007 (POP3) for secured mail access. I also cannot connect to webmail.mydomain.de (IMAP).

What did go wrong?

Edit: Using the latest Plesk 12 on a Debian 7 x64 machine.

In some cases you might experience issues with incompatibilities for some browser and/or eMail - clients, after you followed the KB - article 123 160. It might help to read:

... to solve such issues, because there are several additional solutions provided in this thread.

Thanks, but unfortunately I did not found a solution there (only disabling the changes made by the fix).

Regarding my mail problem I don't think it's outdated software, because I access IMAP via browser (latest Firefox).

EDIT: Meanwhile I removed the new lines in the Dovecot and the proFTP config and it works again. At least Apache, Postfix and PLESK are "unpoodled".

Last edited:
Hi King555,

the solution is to use a more specified cipher list, as provided by Parallels. Please read again about this solution in the mentioned thread and as well, why this is the case. It is very well described in the thread, or it's corresponding links.

Here is how I modified the proftpd settings in 60-nosslv3.conf

<Global>

<IfModule mod_tls.c>

TLSEngine on

TLSRequired off

TLSCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM:+TLSv1:!SSLv2:!SSLv3

</IfModule>

</Global>

then I did ...

/etc/init.d/xinetd restart

... and it all worked again.

The script does not work and needs to be updated.

Back