• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue after upgrade dropbox backup missing

Michael Huber

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

after I upgrade plesk to the newest version, My customers missing the Dropbox Backup icon. In "Backup Manager" I see the Dropbax option, but my Customer tell me he get a Message:

Storing scheduled subscription backups in a remote cloud storage is a premium feature that can be unlocked by your hosting provider. Store backups in the server storage, in the FTP storage, or use manual backups.

As Admin i do not see this message. where can I unlock this ?

regards, Michael

It is Premium feature of this extension:
  • Ability to store scheduled subscription’s backups in a remote cloud storage. You can purchase it from the Plesk Online Store (a single purchase unlocks the ability to use all cloud storages).

the dropbox plugin is for free. i dont know what to bye. also my reseller cannot help me ..

hey, you change functions of installed and used products, i get no info about it before upgrade. and now the backups of my customers do not run anymore. and no one can help.

Igor if you don't know wht kind of Addon or License I need now, why your sales support? and i bye from a reseller, sure they tell me i have to ask there. no one knows

so before Upgrade my Plesk I have to read all descriptions of Plugins I install and use (for free) .. i understand. no notification by upgrade.you just see by click "see more" .. understand.

the politics of Plesk becomes more and more suspect to me. first the price increases, then suddenly paying for single functions that were always free. are your bisiness so bad?

reminds me of drug dealers. Get addicted and then ...........

Just like purchasing a car based on the options that are included and then suddenly they take away an option after a maintenance check ... No confidence anymore in Plesk.

then suddenly paying for single functions that were always free
Sorry, but you are wrong:

- Your scheduled settings and backups will continue to work, as before the upgrade. But as soon as you try to change the scheduling settings, you will be shown a message from your original post. As you can see, everything will continue to work, as in the previous free version.
- We added all the top features of the backup manager for backups to the clouds. Such as granular and incremental backups. Previously, these key features were not for the cloud backups. Do not you think that you can pay for adding such cool features to cloud backups?

So, you get a car with all the previous options plus an extra very cool options. You do not pay for them when you buy a car?

Dropbox Backup - For years it was free feature. Plesk licence are not so cheap now they charge scheduled backups, too. It is very annoying for Plesk users with a lot of small servers! Also incremental backup is more aggressive for small servers as more domains backups and doesnt work well with Plesk Backup for Dropbox. If Plesk will convert more free features to payable I will start to search another panel for my 30 servers.

Back